Home > Grace Message > Personal Growth > A Christian Approach to Homosexuality
by Frederick Drummond, Sr.
- All sin is common to man in one form or another.
- While God hates some sins more than others (Prov. 6:16-19), homosexuality is not on the list.
- Behind the scenes, most responsible psychologists have concluded that homosexuality is a symptom, not a solution.
- The Holy Scriptures do teach (though given limited space in the New Testament) that homosexuality is a sin and that it should be repented of and abandoned (New Testament: Rom. 1:26,27; 1 Cor. 6:9,10; 1 Tim. 1:9,10).
- From my personal, youthful experience with the problem of homosexuality, after years of abuse as an infant/child, I have found it to be a powerful bondage on a par with the worst of them, and that the process of deliverance, while possible through Christ, often involves many things which could take a lot of time and patience.
- We should lovingly open our doors to helping all people in their quest for wholeness in Christ, and that includes those in bondage to homosexuality.
- The hateful attitude embraced by many Christians today only serves to exacerbate the problem and in no way reflects God’s unconditional love for all people.
- Churches are not showplaces for the holier-than-thou, but rather, healing centers that put the love of Christ on display through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the envy of the world. They are designed by God to bring out the best in us.